If you have a teenager at home then you will probably hear her complaining about the red little swellings that spreading on her face, back or neck. These are common problems that teenagers face. In some cases, these swellings go away automatically after a few weeks. But in case of other people, it can become very serious. These swellings will turn into a cyst and cause pain. Sometimes people scratch on them with nails in order to get relief from the itchy feeling, but this may lead to infections. Here are some of the things you should know about Acne so that you know how to deal with them.
- Acne research indicates that acne is caused because of oils that come from dead skins and sebaceous glands. If you keep your face oil-free all the time you have a less chance of having acne or pimples. So, you an oil-free face wash and moisturizer always. It is better to wash your face twice a day to keep it clean.
- Some people have the habit of touching their face all the time. This is a bad habit. There are lots of germs in your hand as you touch many objects throughout the day. Bacteria can transfer from your hands to your face and cause pimples or acne.
- Your food habit has a direct link to acne formation. You should avoid junk food, especially chocolate. Instead, you must eat more fruits, vegetables, and grains to reduce your chance of having acne.
- Acne can vary in color and size. Whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, cysts, etc. are all different forms of acne. The level of pain you experience also differs from one type of acne to the other.
- Acne doesn’t only appear on the face. It can appear on your shoulders, neck, chest, groin area, arms, and legs. You may have acne in one part of your body or in multiple areas.
- It is better to avoid makeup as much as possible during the teenage years. This will reduce your chance of having pimples. Even if you apply makeup to make sure that you wash your face well before going to bed at night.
- There are a number of home remedies that can give you relief from acne problems. If you apply tomato pulp, lemon juice, potato juice or yogurt on the affected area then you will get good results.
This information will help you to fight acne or pimple problems. You shouldn’t use your nails to scratch the affected areas. Exercising regularly and eating healthy food will make your skin healthy.